About Got Transition
Got Transition/Center for Health Care Transition is a cooperative agreement between the Maternal and Child Health Bureau and The National Alliance to Advance Adolescent Health. Our aim is to improve transition from pediatric to adult health care through the use of new and innovative strategies for health professionals and youth and families. With a broad range of partners, we are working to:
- Expand the use of the Six Core Elements of Health Care Transition Expand health care transition supports in pediatric, family medicine, and internal medicine practices;
- Partner with health professional training programs to improve knowledge and competencies in providing effective health care transition supports to youth, young adults, and families;
- Develop youth and parent leadership in advocating for needed transition supports and participating in transition quality improvement efforts;
- Promote health system measurement, performance, and payment policies aligned with the Six Core Elements of Health Care Transition; and
- Serve as a clearinghouse for current transition information, tools, and resources.
Margaret McManus, MHS | Co-Project Director
Ms. McManus is the President of The National Alliance to Advance Adolescent Health, a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the delivery and financing of health care for adolescents. With Dr. White, she is responsible for overall project management. Ms McManus has over 25 years of experience directing national and state projects on child and adolescent health. These research and policy projects have addressed health care transition, public and private health insurance, the Affordable Care Act, integrated primary and behavioral health care, patient-centered primary care, and pediatric workforce issues. Ms. McManus has a Masters in Health Sciences from Johns Hopkins School of Public Health.
Patience White, MD, MA | Co-Project Director
Dr. Patience White is an adult and pediatric rheumatologist who for over 20 years has been involved in transition issues for children with disabilities. With Ms. McManus, she is responsible for overall project management. Dr. White previously led the Adolescent Employment Readiness Center (AERC) at Children’s National Medical Center in Washington, DC for 10 years and is a coauthor on the AAP/AAFP/ACP HCT Clinical Report. She is an internationally recognized expert in the field of transition and has written numerous articles. Dr. White completed a doctor of medicine degree from Harvard Medical School, a Robert Wood Johnson Health Policy fellowship, and a master’s in Education from George Washington University Graduate School of Education and Human Development.
Nichole Goble | Program Administrator
Nichole Goble, program administrator at The National Alliance to Advance Adolescent Health, has several years of experience working with transition-age youth with disabilities and their families. Ms. Goble also has extensive program development, grants management, and administrative experience. Ms. Goble received her Bachelor's degree majoring in theater from Simpson College in Indianola, Iowa.
Daniel Beck, MA | Communications Director
Daniel Beck is responsible for Got Transition’s outreach and communications, tracking and program monitoring, program efforts with state Title V agencies, and assisting with policy research. Mr. Beck plays a key role with The National Alliance’s transition efforts in the District of Columbia, including developing the health transition website content for dctransition.org and improving linkages between health transition and education and employment transition efforts. He is also a free-lance writer. Mr. Beck received his Master’s Degree in American Studies from the George Washington University.
Phabinly Gabriel, Health Policy Analyst
Phabinly Gabriel is responsible for assisting with policy development and research, health care financing, and quality improvement for Got Transition. Mr. Gabriel has experience in healthcare consulting, data management, and analytics. In addition, he has participated in research related to adolescent behavior, education, and muscular development. Mr. Gabriel received his Bachelors of Arts in Neuroscience and Psychology at Wesleyan University and plans to pursue a medical degree in the future.
Cabinet Executive Team
- Carl Cooley, MD, Crotched Mountain Foundation (NH)
- Jeanne McAllister, BSN, MS, MHA, Indiana University Medical School
- Mallory Cyr, Consumer Transition Expert (MA)
- Teresa Nguyen, Consumer Transition Expert (CO)
- Eileen Forlenza, Consumer Transition Expert (CO)
- Laura Pickler, MD, MPH, Children’s Hospital Colorado
- Nienke Dosa, MD, MPH, SUNY Upstate Medical University
- Tawara Goode, MA, National Center for Cultural Competence
- Wendy Jones, MEd, MSW, National Center for Cultural Competence
- Marie Mann, MD, MPH, HHS’ Maternal and Child Health Bureau (Project Officer)
- Health Partners
- Henry Ford Health System
- Kaiser Permanente Northern California
- Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
- National Center for Cultural Competence
Spread the Word!
Got Transition is committed to making this website accessible to people of all abilities. See other web resources for instructions for adjusting text size and enabling text-to-speech function. If you have any questions or ideas regarding the accessibility of this site, please contact us at info@GotTransition.org.